Mom (me) wanted to try something different than traditional tacos this week, so this recipe was born!
What you need:
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (ideally leftovers)
1/2 cup salsa
1 avocado, removed from skin and diced.
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved (or any kind you want, diced)
1/4 red onion (thinly sliced)
A few sprigs of cilantro
Taco seasoning packet (2tblsp-ish)
1/4 cup oil
3 oz cheese, shredded (I used sharp cheddar)
Juice from 1/2 of a lime
What you do:
1, Preheat oven to 450F
2. Combine chicken, oil and taco seasoning
3. Spread Pizza dough in pan (or on pizza stone) using a small amount of oil
4. Spread salsa as you would sauce, top with chicken, top with cheese and throw in the oven for 15-20 minutes
5. Meanwhile, combine avocado, cilantro, tomato, onion & lime juice.
6. Once you yank the pizza out, top with fresh veggie mixture, cut and eat!