1 lb chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded thin (video here)
1 lb of Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
1 small white or yellow onion, diced small
3 cloves garlic, minced
A few sprigs of fresh parsley
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp butter
A few dashes of heavy cream
1 lb orzo pasta
What you do:
- Heat oven to 200F and start a pot of boiling water for orzo
- Dredge chicken in flour, salt and pepper)
- Place 2-3 pieces of check into a (med-high) hot pan with 2 tsp of oil and cook 3 minutes each side (time varies depending on thickness), once cooked put in oven to keep warm.
- Add orzo to boiling water (8-10 minutes)
- Using same pan, reduce heat to medium and add 1 tbsp oil, onion and garlic. Stirring constantly for 2 minutes until fragrant and onion is slightly translucent. Add mushrooms (and a splash of stock, if too dry) and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Turn the heat up to high and add 1/2 cup marsala wine, stir and let cook down to about half the liquid.
- Turn heat back to medium, add 1tbsp of butter, once melted add 1 cup chicken stock.
- Return chicken to pan for 2 minutes, remove from heat and add heavy cream.
- Strain orzo and lay as a bed for the Chicken Marsala on a large serving tray.
- Place Chicken Marsala on top of orzo, top with roughly chopped parsley and ENJOY!