You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.
Look, we would all rather have traditional pizza crust, but at half the carbs and double the fiber, cauliflower pizza crust is worth a try!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust (makes 2 8″ personal pizza crusts)
What you need:
1 Head of Cauliflower, about 3lbs (roughly chopped)
2 large egg whites
1 oz Parmesan cheese (grated)
2 oz Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1 tsp olive oil
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Process the cauliflower through good processor until you have pieces the size of rice. (I used my manual food processor, in four batches)
3. Transfer finely minced, raw cauliflower to 2 parchment lined baking sheets. Spray with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring once.
4. Remove cauliflower from oven. Increase oven temperature to 450F.
5. Wrap cauliflower in cheesecloth (or clean kitchen towel) and squeeze out all liquid. Discard liquid.
6. Combine cauliflower,olive oil, garlic, mozzarella, Parmesan, egg whites, S+P in a large mixing bowl.
7. Press into 2 8″ inch circles on parchment lined baking sheets (or pizza stone) and bake for 22 minutes.
8. Top with whatever you want and bake another 5-8 minutes. About 300 calories per crust before toppings. ENJOY!
Adapted from Cooking Light – August 2015